Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gotta love them Longhorns!

I got a call from Kendra last week asking me if I wanted to go to the Fiesta Bowl on Monday night. What was my obvious respose?? HELL YES!! I love football! Anything about football and I'm there. I love the crowds. I love the energy. And I love the game! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to the Fiesta Bowl. And to think...I was able to go watch one of the best college football team in the nation! My Texas Longhorns!
This game was actually my first college football game that I've gone to. The crowd was AWESOME!!! So much more energy then NFL games.
Colt McCoy. Ahhh...he's such a stud!

Did I mention that Matthew McConnaughey was there?!?! HECK YES! He was out on the fiel though so I only saw him on the big screen.


Imagine this...17-21 Ohio State ahead. 0:41 seconds left in the game. Longhorns have the ball. Colt throws the ball to gain yardage every 5 seconds. Calling time outs to be able to stop the clock and run another play. The intensity! I thought it was a done deal. That Ohio had won. Kendra told me to not loose hope. :19, :18, :17....Colt throws the ball to this guy. TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!! And the crowd goes WILD! And I GO WILD! And here I am, jumping up and down...tears forming in my eyes as if I had just won the game! :16 seconds left on the clock and the Texas Longhorns WIN an incredible ending to the Fiesta Bowl, 24-21. Yeah baby!



Here's Mr. Colt McCoy again. So my battery was dying out during the game. I snagged a few pics, but now I'm kicking myself in the butt for not saving the battery to get a picture with the older couple sitting in front of us at the game. I think it might have been ColtMcCoy's parents. They were getting treated like VIP, and when Colt got his trophy after the game, the man says, "That's my son"! I'm an idiot for being too shy to not ask them if they were his parents and If I could get a picture with them. Dang it! Guess I'll just have to go to another game :)





3 comments:

Dayna said...

Thats so awesome! I love football games!! Especially when they come from behind right at the end!

The Baum Family said...

Hey I never knew you liked football that much. Sounds like you had fun. Yeah so about Gateway, I personally didn't care where I had my baby I just wanted the pain to stop. When I got to Desert they couldn't believe that Gateway didn't keep me. Cause when I walked thru there doors my contractions were every 3 minutes apart, And I was in major Pain. I was indused with my other two. So I never experienced this. Then they couldn't give me the epidural till I had a bag or two of fluid in me. But all went good even though my doctor wasn't the one who delivered. Wish you could have been part of the experience. I hope you fulfill your new years resolutions.

Ashley said...

dude that is awesome! im super jelous of you for sure!!